1. How does upgrading to ikeDesktop 1.1 affect current ikeConfig Center customers?
a. You no longer need to browse to the Pocket PC device to find the files you’re after.
b. Connect your ikeGPS via the USB connection, switch to the Reports tab of ikeDesktop, and then click the Import button.
* Data is automatically transferred off your ikeGPS device on to your computer.
* Depending on your Reports ‘Settings’, Automatically Generated Reports will be created.
c. Use the Reports tab view to generate KML, CSV, XML, and GeoMark outputs along with accessing your captured images and audio files
* KML has been enhanced to allow viewing of custom icons
2. Do ikeBasic customers require ikeDesktop 1.1 to get data off their ikeGPS units?
a. Yes, because with ikeOS 5.1 you cannot drag and drop data from an ikeBasic unit to your computer
b. Also keep in mind that ikeBasic users cannot use custom forms on an ikeBasic unit unless they upgrade to ikePro
3. Is there anything special I need to do before upgrading to ikeDesktop 1.1
a. Yes, to enjoy this new functionality you must first update your entire ikeGPS fleet to ikeOS 5.1 before you install ikeDesktop 1.1
4. How do I obtain ikeDesktop 1.1
a. ikeDesktop 1.1 can be obtained from the Download ikeDesktop form.