ikeGPS™ provides a unique, cost-effective method for locating, planning, and documenting vegetation assessment work. For years, utilities, telecommunications and cable companies, forestry and environmental services companies and state and local governments have relied on disjointed maps, photos, manual measurements and hand written notes to identify hazard trees, manage forest resources and perform other vegetation assessment tasks.
In recent years, GPS locators, laser range finders, digital mapping devices and other tools have enhanced these processes, but utilities have struggled to combine these resources into a complete, integrated workflow that saves both time and manpower. Now there is a comprehensive vegetation assessment solution in a single handheld device using ikeGPS™. This unique handheld device and integrated workflow solutions can be applied in numerous industry applications, for example:
- Utilities: Pre-Planning Assessment – Transmission Circuit
- Utilities: Pre-Planning Assessment – Distribution Circuit
- Utilities: Post Audit Assessment
- Utilities: Dangerous Tree Assessment
- Utilities: Storm Hardening Assessment
- Forestry: Forest Resource Assessments
- Forestry: Tree Inventory Surveys
- Forestry: Develop harvest schedules and treatment programs
- ...and many more applications.
In this Industry Brief we describe how the ikeGPS™ system provides a cost effective solution for vegetation assessment for utilities and forestry companies.
Download this Industry Brief today >>>